The European Central Bank (ECB) maintains this website to enhance public access to information about the euro banknotes and coins, as well as the activities of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB). Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. However, the ECB accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the material on this website.
- is information of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- is sometimes linked to external websites over which the ECB has no control and for which the ECB assumes no responsibility;
- does not constitute professional or legal advice.
Please note that documents or other information available on this website are not guaranteed to exactly reproduce officially adopted texts. Only ECB legal instruments as published in the paper editions of the Official Journal of the European Union and published paper versions of other ECB documentation and/or data are deemed to be authentic.
It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, the ECB cannot guarantee that its service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The ECB accepts no responsibility with regard to any problems occurring as a result of using this website or any linked external websites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the ECB’s liability in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law or to exclude its liability for matters which cannot be excluded under such law.
If you access any part of this website, you will be deemed to have accepted the foregoing.
Copyright © for the entire content of this website: European Central Bank, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Subject to the exception below, users of this website may make free use of the information obtained directly from it subject to the following conditions:
1. When such information is distributed or reproduced, it must appear accurately and the ECB must be cited as the source.
2. Where the information is incorporated in documents that are sold (regardless of the medium), the natural or legal person publishing the information must inform buyers, both before they pay any subscription or fee and each time they access the information taken from this website, that the information may be obtained free of charge through this website.
3. If the information is transformed by the user this must be stated explicitly.
4. When linking to this website from business sites or for promotional purposes, the website must be the sole element of the browser's window (i.e. must not appear within another website's frame).
As an exception to the above, any reproduction, publication or reprint, in whole or in part, of documents that bear the name of their author(s), in the form of a different publication, whether printed or produced electronically is permitted only with the explicit prior written authorisation of the ECB or the author(s).
Information recorded by third party servers
Google Analytics – This website makes use of Google Analytics, an external service, to obtain statistics about the usage of the website. The information sent by the browser is also sent to servers operated by Google, and is used to provide aggregated statistics about the number of browser visits, usage patterns, and searches performed on this website.